When To Seek Professional Counseling Or Psychotherapy
Kenedy and Associates have seen many warning signs for when an individual should seek professional therapy or counseling. Sometimes an individual will experience one of these symptoms but most of the time many of these symptoms occur at the same time.
Distress signals might include one or many
- Persistent feelings of dissatisfaction with your marriage or
- Problems with a child's behavior, school adjustment or performance.
- Feelings of loneliness, moodiness, depression, failure, anxiety.
- Unusual fatigue and/or a high degree of irritability with children,
- Difficulties in communication with family members, friends, co-workers.
- Difficulty in setting or reaching goals.
- Problems with alcohol and/or drugs (including the need for tranquilizers, energizers, sleep aids)
- Drastic weight fluctuations, irregular eating patterns and/or change in sleep patterns.
- Unmanageable impulsiveness, anger, hostility or violence (directed at self or others)